Run a Sample Project
Video SDK provides open-source sample project videosdk-rtc-android-java-sdk-example on Github. This document introduces how to run this project.
- Development environment requirements:
- Java Development Kit
- Android Studio 3.0 or later
- A physical or virtual mobile device running Android 5.0 or later
- Valid Video SDK Account
Get your API key and Secret key
This guide will help you to generate API key and secret from dashboard.
- API Key is unique identifier used to authenticate a user calling to Video SDK API.
- Secret Key cryptography relies on using the same key to encode and then later decode a message. Thus, only those who know the "secret" can read the message.
Step 1. Generate API Key from Dashboard
Go to Video SDK Dashboard, navigate to . Click on ADD NEW button to generate your own API key and Secret for the project.
Step 2. Enter your Project Name
Enter your project name as shown below. Project name will help you to organise API keys and secrets for multiple projects and environments.
Step 3. Use API key / Secret or Token
After submitting your project name, you can follow either of two paths:
- Development Env: You can just click on Generate Token and get started with the project setup.
- Production Env: For production, please setup authentication server to authenticate and authorize all the users.
Run the Sample Project
Step 1: Clone the sample project
Clone the repository to your local environment.
git clone https://github.com/videosdk-live/videosdk-rtc-android-kotlin-sdk-example.git
git clone https://github.com/videosdk-live/videosdk-rtc-android-java-sdk-example.git
Step 2: Modify local.properties
Open your favorite code editor and add
auth_token in it.
auth_token = "TEMPORARY-TOKEN";
Step 3: Run the sample app
Run the android app with Shift+F10 or the ▶ Run from toolbar.